It is our policy to work closely with parents and carers as results have shown, that actively encouraging this, has a positive impact on a child's development and learning. As part of this, we ask that you complete our 'Working Together Agreement' which states that together we will support your child's learning.
Keeping You Informed
We aim to keep you aware of what goes on in a variety of ways including brochures, leaflets, relevant publications and regular newsletters. There are also notice boards in the foyer and social room which show planning details.
Monitoring your Child's Development
- The supervisor and key persons are available to talk to before or after sessions.
- Each child is monitored through developmental progress checks made by your key person and it is kept within the Learning Story. This is done at age two then on an annual basis to gather evidence towards gaining access to any support or help which may be needed for your child, as well as to give information to the next setting your child may attend.
- Your child's records are always available for you to view.
- Feel free to attend sessions via the parent/carer rota(to see what happens firsthand) or by attending the termly parent/carer information week.
Things you can do to Help
- Joining the management committee (we always need new members).
- Bringing in items for crafts/cooking or help at fundraising events.
- Donations of plain biscuits/breadsticks/crackers or squash helps to keep fees low.
The committee ensures that the major decision making is made by parents/carers of children in attendance and is responsible for reviewing policy and practice, employment and appraisal of staff. See our committee page for more details on how to join.
We pride ourselves in being able to offer a staff to child ratio of at least 1:5 but to help further we do encourage all parents/carers to volunteer to help out within sessions via a rota system at least three times per year. This helps to forge strong links between parents/carers and the pre-school. We also have an emergency cover list in the event of staff illness. To ensure the session can run we need parents/carers with full Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) clearance who can be available at very short notice to bring their child and stay to cover the staff members absence. Please let the supervisor know if you are able to add your name to our emergency cover list.